Monday, January 12, 2015

Stuffed Comfort...oldie but goodie.

I have to be honest, the next few posts will NOT be meals that I have consumed in the days prior to the post. MOST of them will have been consumed in the last two weeks - for the sake of full disclosure, I don't remember when I consumed the one included. It was a saved blog that only had the photos. I know it's from 2014, I think early 2014.
That being said, I DO remember that I need either a different pan or a better connection. It was cooked but fell about. I'm saying it like there was some kind of concoction, there wasn't, just dunt da da daaa

 Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf

I like stuffed food. "Stuffed ...something" will probably appear with random frequency in this blog.  It's like a treat inside a treat.  LOL. Don't judge me, you don't know my life. 

 Let's get to it:

What you'll need:
 

2.5 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup seeded red or green jalapeno -* not pictured  (I used green pickled, not a fan of raw jalapeno)
10 oz chopped spinach
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tblspns plain greek yogurt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup quick cook grits
2 eggs
2 Tblspns Worcestershire sauce
2 Tblspns chopped parsley
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 - 8oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Combine spinach, yogurt, jalapeno and feta


Mix Well and set aside (covered)


Combine milk, and grits and set aside (covered) as well. 

Mix turkey, eggs, onion, parsley, chicken broth, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper add milk/grit mixture. Combine well.


Transfer 1/2 the mixture into the meatloaf pan and form into a "canoe". Spoon the spinach/yogurt mixture in the "hollow" portion of the "canoe".


Add the remaining meatloaf mixture on top of the bottom half. *make sure you seal the sides well so that it really forms a full loaf.*

Add Ketchup or BBQ or a combination of both to the top


Bake for one (1) hour.


I served my finish product with garlic mashed potatoes and sweet kernel corn.


BON APPETIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment